JJMicro has met with many general contractors over the years to help them better understand how outsourced or managed IT services can benefit them. Many of our clients thought they were too small to have an IT department and were stuck with non-functioning computers and ill-configured tools.
Here are some of the ways that a general contracting business benefits from partnering with an outsourced technology services provider:
- Cost savings: Outsourcing IT services can be more cost-effective than hiring an in-house IT team, especially for small and medium-sized businesses. This is because outsourcing allows a business to avoid the costs of hiring, training, and maintaining a dedicated IT staff member.
- Access to expertise: Outsourced IT providers typically have a team of experienced professionals with a wide range of skills and knowledge. This can be especially beneficial for a construction contractor, as they may not have the resources to hire experts in every area of IT. Many managed service providers have experience with a wide range of construction software like Planswift, Sage, Quickbooks, UDA Construction, Procore, and Xactimate.
- Scalability: As the construction business grows, so will the need for IT support. Outsourcing allows a contractor to scale IT resources up or down as needed without having to make a long-term commitment to hiring additional staff.
- Flexibility: Outsourcing IT services gives a contractor the flexibility to choose the services that best meet their specific needs, rather than having to commit to a full-time staff member with a specific set of skills.
- Focus on core business: Outsourcing IT services allows a contractor to free up resources and staff time to focus on their core business. Instead of having staff spend time on IT issues, they can focus on what they do best: building and construction.
- Security: Construction contractors can handle sensitive financial data; hence the security of their network, servers, and workstations is important. By partnering with an MSP, the IT service provider can ensure that best practices and the latest security measures are used to protect the company’s data and systems.
- Business continuity: With an MSP’s help, you will develop a disaster recovery plan to protect the business data and ensure that the business can continue operating in case of any unexpected event.
Outsourcing IT services can help a construction contractor save time and money while providing access to expertise and increasing security and flexibility. If you’re a contractor based in the Greater St. Louis, MO area, schedule a free consultation today.